The User Combo Wizard creates a user, line, and device at the same time and links the resources together. The wizard is broken into four sections and only asks for the most common information before creating all three entities. This action creates a new billable device.
1. Log in at my.jive.com/PBX.
2. Click Users in the left sidebar and then click [WIZARD].
3. Enter the fax adapters First Name, Last Name, and Email Address.
4. Enter the user’s Extension Number.
5. Check Omit From Directory and Omit from Auto Attendant Extension Dialing.
6. Add the fax adapter to the system:
- Use Existing: Links the device to previously created hardware. Select a hardware profile from the dropdown.
- Create New: Create a new device to link to the new fax adapter. Add the following:
- MAC Address – Physical MAC address of the device.
- Model – Model of the device. This will be automatically set up on provisioning.
7. Skip the preset device settings, they aren’t applicable for a fax adapter.
8. Click [OK].
- If you’d like to optimize the adapter for faxing, select the desired device, go to the hardware tab, then toggle on “Optimize for Fax”.
9. Contact Support for help with provisioning the fax adapter if it’s purchased from a third party.
10. To bring your analog fax machine to life, route a phone number to it.