How do I create a device profile for a fax adapter?
Create a user, line, and device at the same time and link the three together.
Attention: This action creates a new billable device.
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Users in the left sidebar and then click Wizard.
- Enter the fax adapter's First Name, Last Name, and Email.
- The next available number will automatically populate the Extension Number; change this number as needed.
- Omit the user's extension from directories:
Option Description Omit from Directory Removes the line from all internal directories. Omit from Auto Attendant Extension Dialing Removes the line from auto attendant extension dialing.
- Add the fax adapter to the system:
Option Description Use Existing Links the device to previously created hardware profile. Create New Creates a new device and links it to the new fax adapter.
- MAC Address: PA 12 digit string which is typically found on the bottom of the device.
- Model: This is automatically populated when you provision the device and is therefore optional for all devices except the Cisco 79xx series and Cyberdata paging devices.
- Skip the preset device settings; they aren’t applicable for a fax adapter.
- Click Ok.
- To optimize the adapter for faxing, select the desired device, go to Hardware, and then toggle on Optimize for Fax.