How do I create a device profile for a fax adapter?
Create a user, line, and device at the same time and link the resources together with the user combo wizard.
This action creates a new billable device.
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Users in the left sidebar and then click Wizard.
- Enter the fax adapter's First Name, Last Name, and Email Address.
- Enter the fax adapter’s Extension Number and then check Omit From Directory and Omit from Auto Attendant Extension Dialing.
- Add the fax adapter to the system by choosing one of these options:
Option Description Use Existing Select a hardware profile from the dropdown to link the device to previously created hardware. Create New Create a new device to link to the new fax adapter. Add the following:
- MAC Address: Physical MAC address of the device.
- Model: Model of the device. This will be automatically set up when provisioned.
- Skip the preset device settings; they aren’t applicable for a fax adapter.
- Click Ok. Tip: If you’d like to optimize the adapter for faxing, select the desired device, go to Hardware, and then toggle on Optimize for Fax.