How do I configure a Panasonic KX-NS SIP trunk?
- KX-NS700 version: 4.42025 or above.
- One of the following supported DSP are installed inside system:
- KX-NS5110 (1-10 trunks)
- KX-NS5111 (11-30 trunks)
- KX-NS5112 (31-100 trunks)
- One of the following supported SIP Trunk Licenses are installed:
- System is fully registered on Panasonic Partner Portal.
First, prepare your Panasonic PBX.
1. Start the Panasonic Unified Maintenance Console.
2. Click Connect, verify that you will be doing so at the INSTALLER level and choose the method of connection:
- USB to Connect to your PBX for interactive configuration
3. Provide the IP address of the MPR card and the password of the INSTALLER Level.
4. Click Connect.
5. Login with the following information:
- Default IP: 192.168.0.101
- Username: INSTALLER
- Password: 1234
6. Verify that there is no pop-up for registration and verify the system version at top.
7. From Network Service, select IP Address/Ports and complete the following settings:
- IP address and Subnet Mask, default is 192.168.0.202/24.
- Default Gateway IP address
- DNS server address
- 220.127.116.11 is preferred
- 18.104.22.168 is an alternative option
8. Click PBX Configuration in the left sidebar and then click Configuration > Slot > Activation Key Status.
9. Look at the Features in total column to verify the row IP runk (ch) shows at least 2 or higher and then click Apply > OK.
10. From PBX Configuration, click Configuration > Slot and mouse over the Virtual Slot at the bottom of your screen.
11. Select V-SIPGW16 at the top of your screen and drag it into Trunk slot 1.
12. Hover over the newly added card and drag in into OUS so that configuration changes can be made.
- Red dot: OUS
- Green dot: INS
13. Hover over the V-SIPGW16 card to select Shelf Property and then complete the following settings:
- NAT Traversal: Off (Default)
- NAT Keep Alive Packet Sending Ability: Enabled (Default is disabled)
- SIP Called Party Number Check Ability: Disable Low to High (Default is High to Low)
14. Click Apply > OK.
Second, configure the SIP Trunk.
1. Hover over the V-SIPGW16 card to select Port Property and then complete the following settings:
- Channel Attribute: Basic Channel
- If using more channels, set the additional channel attributes to Additional Channel for...
- SIP Server Name: <domain>.jive.rtcfront.net
- Replace <domain> with your unique domain (found in parentheses at the top of the admin dashboard)
2. Click Apply > OK.
3. From Port Property > Account, complete the following settings:
- User Name: Provided by Jive
- Authentication ID: Provided by Jive
- Authentication Password: Provided by Jive
5. From Port Property > Register, complete the following settings:
- Regular Interval: 300 seconds (Default is 3600)
6. Click Apply > OK.
7. From Port Property > Calling Party, complete the following settings:
- Header Type: P-Preferred-Identity Header (Default - From Header)
- From Header - User Part: PBX-Clip
8. Click Apply > OK.
9. FromPort Property > Calling Party, complete the following settings:
- Type: Request-URI (Default is To Header)
10. Click Apply > OK.
11. Click PBX Configuration in the left sidebar and then click CO & Incoming Call > DID Table to complete the following settings:
- Enter the DID numbers or phone numbers of the account.
- Enter a valid destination for day, lunch, break, and night.
- Enter extension numbers or group numbers.
12. Click Apply > OK.
13. Click PBX Configuration in the left sidebar and then click Extension > Wired Extension > Clip.
- This is the caller ID you wish to show for each extension (blank by default).
14. Select Add CLIP for the Incoming Call Distribution Group Settings > ICD Group Button (blank by default).
- This can also be set for Portable Stations.
Lastly, activate and test the SIP Trunk.
1. From PBX Configuration > Configuration > Slot, hover over Virtual Slot and the V-SIPGW16 card to select INS.
- You should see a green indication on the card.
2. Verify Port Property Connection column reads INS, to ensure it is connected properly.
- You may need to OUS and INS a couple of times if it’s the first time connecting to Jive Network.
3. Click Apply > OK.