Most phones have one or more buttons (or sidecars) that you can customize to perform specific functions, like speed dial. These settings allow you to personalize your buttons to your needs.
To customize the buttons on your phone or sidecar, a system admin must enable editing permissions on your phone.
- Click in the left sidebar and then choose Settings.
- From Devices > Button configuration, click Add Button or edit an existing button.
- Choose the desired button Type.
Option Description Line Adds a line extension to the button. The first button on your phone is always a line assigned to your personal extension. Speed Dial Adds an extension to the button for speed dial. Monitored Extension Adds an extension to the button for presence monitoring. Call Park Adds a call parking spot to the button for speed dial. On Phone Defined Allows the phone to have functionality manually assigned to a button that cannot be overwritten.
- Edit the button Label. Note: The button label overrides the line name.
- Choose the extension you want assigned to button (Selection).
- Click Save & Sync.