How do I add a shared voicemail as a line on a phone to receive visual notifications?
Get visual notifications on a line key once a voicemail is received to a pseudo shared voicemail box.
About this task: A shared voicemail box cannot be assigned to a line key on a phone, eliminating the ability to visually monitor voicemails (blinking line key). However, by creating a standalone line that acts like a shared voicemail box, the line can then be assigned to a device line key. As such, all users that have this line assigned to their device will see a visual notification once a voicemail is received.
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Lines in the left sidebar and then click Add Line.
- The next available number will automatically populate the Extension; change this number as needed.
- Enter a Name for the line.
- Click and then click the new line to configure its settings.
- From Dial Plan, set Ring simultaneously to 0 seconds.
- Verify If no answer, send to is set to Voicemail.
- From Voicemail, customize the voicemail settings.
- Click Save.
- Click Devices in the left sidebar and then choose the phone that needs the shared voicemail added to one of its line keys.
- From Button Configuration, select Line as the Button Type and then choose the new line you just created.
- Change the Label.
- Click Save.
What to do next: Power cycle the phone to apply the changes.