How do I add a new device to an existing user?
Create a standalone device to give a user an additional phone for their current line, perhaps for their home office.
Note: All devices must have a user profile and at least one line assignment to provision and maintain registration.
Attention: This action creates a new billable device.
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Devices in the left sidebar and then click Add Device.
- Enter a Name for the Device.
- Select the Assigned User.
- Click and then click the new device configure its settings.
- From Button Configuration, select Line for the Button Type.
- Edit the button Label. Note: The button label overrides the line name.
- Choose the user's Extension.
- Click Save.
- Power cycle the phone to apply the changes.