How do I add a new device?
Create a standalone device to give a user an additional phone for their current line, perhaps for their home office or to add a device that doesn't need a user, such as a fax adapter.
About this task:
Note: All devices must have a user profile and at least one line assignment to provision and maintain registration.
Attention: This action creates a new billable device.
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Devices in the left sidebar and then click Add Device.
- Select a user option:
Option Description Existing Assigns an existing user to this device. None (Standalone Device) Adds a name to display internally on the standalone device.
- Select a line option:
Option Description Existing Assigns an existing line to this device. New Creates a new line for this device. The next available number will automatically populate the Extension Number; change this as needed.
- Select a hardware option:
Option Description Existing Links the device to a previously created hardware profile upon selection. New Creates a new device and links it to the user.
- MAC Address: A 12 digit string which is typically found on the bottom of the device.
- Model: You can leave this field blank and it will automatically populate when you provision the device. It is therefore optional for all devices except some paging devices.
None (Softphone only) Creates a device profile for the user to access GoToConnect desktop and mobile.
- Click Ok and then click the new device to configure its settings.