Before a device can make and receive calls, it needs a way to be identified over the network. By adding a device’s MAC address a hardware profile, you are providing the device’s unique identifier, and thus allowing it to work with our services. You are not billed for storing hardware profiles. You are only billed for the devices to which you assign them.
1. Log in at my.jive.com/PBX.
2. Click Hardware in the left sidebar and then click [ADD HARDWARE].
3. Enter the device’s 12 digit MAC Address which is typically found on the back of the device.
4. Verify the MAC Address was entered correctly.
5. Click the checkmark icon and then click the newly added hardware to edit its settings.
- Model: The model is automatically set during provisioning and is therefore optional for all devices except the Cisco 79XX series and Cyberdata paging devices.
- Notes: For reference only.
- Emergency Services Caller ID: Assigns the caller ID used for all emergency calls.
6. Click [SAVE].
7. To bring your hardware profile to life, assign it to an individual device.