Cisco 7940 - EOL
Learn how to do the most common functions on your phone.
Automatically forward incoming calls to an internal extension or external number.
- Press the CFwdALL softkey.
- Enter the internal extension or external number to which calls will be forwarded.
- Press the Accept softkey (to disable call forwarding, press the CFwdALL softkey again). Tip: While your phone rings, press the CallFwdBusy softkey to forward the incoming call to another person.
Do Not Disturb (DND)
Check your voicemail from your phone.
- Press .
- Dial your password (default 0000).
Download your Voicemail Menu Guide.
Assign regularly dialed numbers to additional line keys on your phone.
- Press .
- Scroll to the desired speed dial line and press the Edit softkey.
- Enter label and the internal extension or external phone number.
- Press the Accept softkey.
Speak with two parties simultaneously by creating a mini-conference call on your line.
- While on an active call, press the Confrn softkey.
- Dial the internal extension or external number to add to the conference.
- Wait for the second party to answer, and then let them know that you would like to add them to a 3-way call.
- Press the Join softkey.
- Press .
- Select Ring Type.
- Select the desired ringtone (press the Play softkey to sample ringtones).
- Press the Select softkey. Note: This device does not support silent ringtones.
Visually monitor the speed dial contacts assigned to your phone to know whether or not they are on an active call. These line keys will light up (busy lamp field) indicating if someone is busy or available.
Call Handling Features
- Warm Transfer
- Blind Transfer
- Do Not Disturb (DND)
- Call Forward All
- Call Forward Busy (press the softkey to forward the incoming call to your voicemail)
- Intercom (* + ext)
- Multi-way Calling
- Call Waiting
- On-hook Dialing
User Interface Features
- Call Logs
- Ring Tone Permanence
- Adjustable Ringer Volume
- 6 SIP Accounts
- 2 Upper Multifunction Keys
- Voicemail Button
- Mute Button
- On Device Speed Dial Edit
- Black & White Display
- Message Waiting Indicator (MWI)
- Caller ID (CID)
- Time/Date Display
- On-Screen Message Display
Network & Provisioning
- On Device Ethernet (PoE)
- PC Connection
- Digital Sidecar w/14 Programmable Keys (supports line assignments)
- Supports 1 Sidecar
- Wired Headset