Learn how to do the most common functions on your phone. For information not covered below, please refer to the manufacturer’s user guide.
- Are you a visual learner? Watch this video playlist.
Automatically forward incoming calls to an internal extension or external number.
- Press the Menu softkey.
- Select .
- Select your desired forwarding type.
- Always : Forwards all incoming calls.
- No Answer : Forwards all unanswered incoming calls.
- Busy : Forwards all incoming calls while you're in a call.
Note: Call waiting must be disabled to use call forward busy ( ).
- Dial the forwarding destination (internal extension or external number).
- If you selected No Answer, enter how many rings to wait before forwarding.
- Press the Save softkey.
Do Not Disturb (DND)
Check your voicemail from your phone.
- Press .
- Dial your password (default 0000).
Download your Voicemail Menu Guide.
Assign regularly dialed numbers to additional line keys on your phone.
- Press and hold an unassigned Line key.
- Change the Type to Speed Dial.
- Enter a Name and Number.
- Press the Save softkey.
Speak with two parties simultaneously by creating a mini-conference call on your line.
- While on an active call, press the Conference softkey.
- Dial the internal extension or external number to add to the conference.
- Wait for the second party to answer, and then let them know that you would like to add them to a 3-way call.
- Press the Conference softkey.
Transfer A Call
Place a current call on hold and speak with the destination party before transferring the call.
- While on an active call, press the Tran softkey.
- Dial the transfer destination (internal extension or external number).
- Speak to the destination party.
Tip: To cancel a warm transfer and go back to the original call, tap the Cancel or EndCall softkey.
- Press Tran again.
Visually monitor the speed dial contacts assigned to your phone to know whether or not they are on an active call. These line keys will light up (busy lamp field) indicating if someone is busy or available.
- To presence monitor, a system admin must enable this feature on your phone.
- The lines you want to presence monitor must be speed dial assignments on your phone.
- The number of contacts you can presence monitor is limited the number of line keys on your phone.
|Yealink BT40: Adds Bluetooth connectivity to your IP Phone with a wide variety of Bluetooth Headsets, allowing you to receive calls wherever you are in the office.|
|Yealink BT41: Coming! An updated Bluetooth adapter for your IP phone with an improved range of up to 10m.|
|Yealink EHS36: Provides the technical interface between your phone and a compatible wireless headset. Supported models include those by Jabra, Plantronics and Sennheiser headsets.|
|Yealink EXP40: Expands the functional capability of your phone with a large graphic LCD screen and 40 programmable display keys. For a complete list of supported features, visit the Supported Features section.|
|Yealink WF40: This dynamic plug-and-play style USB device is an ideal office networking solution for companies—particularly, smaller organizations—seeking affordable, convenient and reliable high-speed wireless connectivity.|
Call Handling Features
- Warm Transfer
- Blind Transfer
- Do Not Disturb (DND) (synchronization with all of the user's other devices)
- Call Forward All
- Call Forward Busy (call waiting must be disabled)
- Call Forward No Answer
- Anonymous Call Rejection
- Intercom (* + ext)
- Multi-way Calling
- Call Waiting
- On-hook Dialing
- Stutter Tone
User Interface Features
- Call Logs
- On Device Directory
- Multicast “Mega Volume (requires latest firmware version and additional configuration)
- LDAP Directory
- Remote Phonebook (automatically filled directory that includes all extensions)
- Adjustable Ringer Volume
- On Device Call Recording
- Electronic Hook Switch (EHS)
- 16 SIP Accounts
- 30 Virtual Upper Multifunction Keys (supports line assignments)
- On Device Speed Dial Edit
- Voicemail Button
- Mute Button
- Touch Display
- Message Waiting Indicator (MWI)
- Caller ID (CID)
- Busy Lame Field (BLF)
- Shared Line Appearance (requires latest firmware version and additional configuration)
- Time/Date Display
- On-Screen Message Display
Network & Provisioning
- On Device Ethernet (PoE)
- One Touch Activation
- PC Connection
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Cisco Multicast
- Polycom Multicast
- Web Interface Provisionable
- Secure Provisioning
- Up to 6 Digital Sidecar w/20 Programmable Keys each (supports line assignments)
- Wired Headset
- Verify you have created a device profile.
- Verify you have assigned the phone's MAC address to the device profile.
- Verify you have properly plugged in the phone.
From the Web UI
Learn how to provision your phone from the web UI.
- Tap the Menu key.
- Select Status and then write down the phone's IP Address.
- Open an incognito window in Google Chrome, enter the IP address in the address (URL) bar and then press enter on your keyboard. If the web UI doesn't load, enter https:// before the phone’s IP address.
- Enter your Device Admin Password.
- To find your password, log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx and then click Security in the left sidebar.
- The password may also be the default password, admin.
- Go to .
- Enter http://‹domain›.onjive.com/p for the Server URL.
Note: Replace ‹domain› with your unique domain. PBX Administration (classic) users will find their domain in the parentheses at the top of their portal dashboard. portal users will find their domain in Account Settings.
- Click .
Factory resetting a phone is when you restore a device to its original factory settings. This will delete everything that was previously on the device.
- Press and hold down the OK button for 10 seconds.
- Press OK when it asks if you want to "Reset to Factory?".
Result: The phone will automatically reboot.
Reset Secure Provisioning
After you factory reset a phone, you’ll need to reset secure provisioning from the admin portal so it can reconnect.
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Devices in the left sidebar and then choose the device that needs secure provisioning reset.
- From , click Reset.