How do I use hot desking?
Load your extension settings to a shared phone and use it as your own, regardless of where you physically sit.
- A system admin must enable this feature on your user profile and each shared device.
- This feature is supported on Cisco MPP, Polycom, and Yealink only.
- Dial *43 from a shared phone to log in.
- Enter your numerical dialable username given to you by a system admin.
- Enter your dialable password (default 0000).
This is separate from your voicemail password and can be changed by dialing *19.
- You will hear two beeps, and then the phone will reboot with the appropriate settings (this can take up to 30 sec).
- If you dial emergency services, dispatch will see the Emergency Services Caller ID assigned to the phone.
- Dial *43 again to log out of a shared phone. Note: Logging out of a shared phone automatically logs you out of any call queues you were logged in to while hot desking.