How do I use a shared voicemail in a dial plan?
Allow callers to leave a voicemail on a shared box.
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Dial Plans in the left navigation menu and then choose the dial plan you want to edit.
Result: The dial plan editor will launch in a separate window.
- Drag and drop the Leave Voicemail node in the library to the desired spot on the workspace.
- Drag and drop of the previous node to the left side of the Leave Voicemail node, connecting the nodes to prevent dropped calls.
- Complete the following setting(s):
Setting Description Choose… Select the shared voicemail box that will be used. Voicemail Greeting Select which type of voicemail greeting will be heard before the caller leaves a message.
- Busy: Plays the user’s busy message.
- Unavailable: Plays the user’s unavailable message.
- No Greeting: No greeting is played. Caller immediately hears the voicemail “beep” and recording begins.
- Continue to build the call flow.
- Select Save.