How do I use a shared voicemail in a dial plan?
Allow callers to leave a voicemail on a shared box.
Important: Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new GoTo Admin. The article below is meant for admins who use PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx. If you're an admin who uses GoTo Admin at https://admin.goto.com, refer to How do I create a dial plan?
Note: There is a new version of this visual dial plan editor in GoTo Admin with many new and improved features! Even if your account uses PBX Administration (classic) you can still use the new and improved dial plan editor by signing in with your admin credentials at https://admin.goto.com and selecting .
Before you begin:
- You must have Admin or Super admin permissions.
- Create and set up the shared voicemail you want to use.
- If you want a custom voicemail greeting, record your busy or unavailable message before editing your dial plan.
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Dial Plans in the left navigation menu and then choose the dial plan you want to edit.
Result: The dial plan editor will launch in a separate window.
- Drag and drop the Leave Voicemail node in the library to the desired spot on the workspace.
- Drag and drop of the previous node to the left side of the Leave Voicemail node, connecting the nodes to prevent dropped calls.
- Complete the following setting(s):
Setting Description Choose… Select the shared voicemail box that will be used. Voicemail Greeting Select which type of voicemail greeting will be heard before the caller leaves a message.
- Busy: Plays the user’s busy message.
- Unavailable: Plays the user’s unavailable message.
- No Greeting: No greeting is played. Caller immediately hears the voicemail “beep” and recording begins.
- Continue to build the call flow.
- Select Save.