How do I use a shared voicemail in a dial plan?
Allow callers to leave a voicemail on a shared box.
Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new admin experience. The article below is meant for admins who use https://my.jive.com/pbx to administer their account. If you're an admin who uses https://admin.goto.com, please visit our GoTo Admin support site for help.
- Sign in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Dial Plans in the left sidebar and then click the dial plan you want to edit.
Result: The dial plan editor will launch in a separate window.
- Drag and drop the Leave Voicemail node in the left sidebar to the desired spot on the canvas.
- Drag and drop of the previous node to the left side of the Leave Voicemail node, connecting the nodes to prevent dropped calls.
- Complete the following setting(s):
Setting Description Choose… Select the shared voicemail box that will be used. Voicemail Greeting Select which type of voicemail greeting will be heard before the caller leaves a message.
- Busy: Plays the user’s busy message.
- Unavailable: Plays the user’s unavailable message.
- No Greeting: No greeting is played. Caller immediately hears the voicemail “beep” and recording begins.
- Continue to build the call flow.
- Click Save.