How do I use a schedule in a dial plan?
Automatically direct your callers based on a pre-set schedule for open and closed hours as well as holidays.
Important: Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new GoTo Admin. The article below is meant for admins who use PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx. If you're an admin who uses GoTo Admin at https://admin.goto.com, refer to How do I change the settings on a schedule?
Note: There is a new version of this visual dial plan editor in GoTo Admin with many new and improved features! Even if your account uses PBX Administration (classic) you can still use the new and improved dial plan editor by signing in with your admin credentials at https://admin.goto.com and selecting .
Before you begin:
- You must have admin or super admin permissions.
- Create any schedules you want to use.
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Dial Plans in the left navigation menu and then choose the dial plan you want to edit.
Result: The dial plan editor will launch in a separate window.
- Drag and drop the Schedule node in the library to the desired spot on the workspace.
- Drag and drop of the previous node to the left side of the Schedule node, connecting the nodes to prevent dropped calls.
- Complete the following setting(s):
Setting Description Choose… Select the schedule that will be used. When open When the schedule is “open”, the caller is routed to the “open call flow”. When closed When the schedule is “closed”, the caller is routed to the “closed call flow”. When on Holiday When the schedule is “on holiday”, the caller is routed to the “holiday call flow”.
- Continue to build the call flow.
- Select Save.