How do I use a ring group in a dial plan?
Give multiple people the opportunity to help your callers through their desk phones and cell phones.
Important: Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience. If you see on your top nav bar, click here to view our GoTo Admin support content.
Before you begin:
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Dial Plans in the left sidebar and then click the dial plan you want to edit.
Result: The dial plan editor will launch in a separate window.
- Drag and drop the Simple Dial node in the left sidebar to the desired spot on the canvas.
- Drag and drop of the previous node to the left side of the Simple Dial node, connecting the nodes to prevent dropped calls.
- Complete the following setting(s):
Setting Description Choose… Select the ring group that will be used. Timeout Enter the time (in seconds) that the ring group will ring before going to the next node in the call flow. The default timeout is 20 seconds. Next Node Connects nodes to create a call flow.
- Continue to build the call flow.
- Click Save.