How do I use a ring group in a dial plan?
Give multiple people the opportunity to help your callers through their desk phones and cell phones.
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Dial Plans in the left navigation menu and then choose the dial plan you want to edit.
Result: The dial plan editor will launch in a separate window.
- Drag and drop the Simple Dial node in the library to the desired spot on the workspace.
- Drag and drop of the previous node to the left side of the Simple Dial node, connecting the nodes to prevent dropped calls.
- Complete the following setting(s):
Setting Description Choose… Select the ring group that will be used. Timeout Enter the time (in seconds) that the ring group will ring before going to the next node in the call flow. The default timeout is 20 seconds. Next Node Connects nodes to create a call flow.
- Continue to build the call flow.
- Select Save.