How do I use a ring group in a dial plan?
Give multiple people the opportunity to help your callers through their desk phones and cell phones.
Important: Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new GoTo Admin. The article below is meant for admins who use PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx. If you're an admin who uses GoTo Admin at https://admin.goto.com, refer to How do I create a dial plan?
Note: There is a new version of this visual dial plan editor in GoTo Admin with many new and improved features! Even if your account uses PBX Administration (classic) you can still use the new and improved dial plan editor by signing in with your admin credentials at https://admin.goto.com and selecting .
Before you begin:
- You must have admin or super admin permissions.
- Create and set up the ring group you want to use.
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Dial Plans in the left navigation menu and then choose the dial plan you want to edit.
Result: The dial plan editor will launch in a separate window.
- Drag and drop the Simple Dial node in the library to the desired spot on the workspace.
- Drag and drop of the previous node to the left side of the Simple Dial node, connecting the nodes to prevent dropped calls.
- Complete the following setting(s):
Setting Description Choose… Select the ring group that will be used. Timeout Enter the time (in seconds) that the ring group will ring before going to the next node in the call flow. The default timeout is 20 seconds. Next Node Connects nodes to create a call flow.
- Continue to build the call flow.
- Select Save.