How do I transfer an existing phone number to GoToConnect?
Submit a request to have your phone numbers transferred over to us from your previous provider. Only available in the United States and Canada.
Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new admin experience. The article below is meant for admins who use https://my.jive.com/pbx to administrate their account. If you're an admin who uses https://admin.goto.com, please visit our GoTo Admin support site for help.
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Phone Numbers in the left sidebar.
- Click Transfer and then select one of the following options:
- Transfer Numbers to start a new transfer request
- Continue Transfer to continue working on an existing transfer request
- Optional: Order a number for temporary use while you wait for your port to complete. This would allow you to enable a forward on your old system from your porting number to this temporary number to allow you to use your new system sooner. Note: Number transferring do’s and don’ts:
- Be exact. Your information (including your pin number) must match exactly with what’s on record with your current phone service provider. If the information provided does not match, your transfer will be delayed or rejected. Refer to your current bill or contact your current service provider.
- Be patient. Port requests with properly submitted information can take a minimum of 15 business days to process. If there are rejections due to incorrect information or anything else, that timeline will be extended.
- Do not cancel your current service until the ports are all complete.
- Do not cancel your Broadband service as this could cause a delay in starting your GoToConnect service.
- Do not cancel your temporary number until the ports are all complete and the ported numbers are routed correctly. When you are ready to cancel a number, please email email@example.com.