How do I transfer an existing phone number to GoToConnect?
Submit a request to have your phone numbers transferred over to us from your previous provider. Only available in the US and Canada.
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Phone Numbers in the left sidebar.
- Click Transfer and then select one of the following options:
Note: Number transferring do’s and don’ts:
- Transfer Numbers to start a new transfer request
- Continue Transfer to continue working on an existing transfer request
- Be exact. Your information (including your pin number) must match exactly with what’s on record with your current phone service provider. If the information provided does not match, your transfer will be delayed or rejected. Refer to your current bill or contact your current service provider.
- Do not cancel your current service until the ports are all complete.
- Do not cancel your Broadband service as this could cause a delay in starting your GoToConnect service.
- Do not cancel your temporary number until the ports are all complete and the ported numbers are routed correctly. When you are ready to cancel a number, please email email@example.com.
What to do next: You will receive an email when we receive a transfer date (a.k.a. Firm Order Commitment (FOC)) from your current carrier. This may take a few days or more depending on your current carrier and the quality of the information you provided in your request. You can also click Orders in the left sidebar for updates on the status of your transfer request(s).