How do I set up extension mapping?
Reroute an extension or a range of extensions to another extension.
Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new GoTo Admin. The article below is meant for admins who use PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx. If you're an admin who uses GoTo Admin at https://admin.goto.com, please visit our GoTo Admin support site for help.
Before you begin: You must have admin or super admin permissions.
Extension mapping is primarily used to transition a third party phone system to GoTo Connect or to integrate your remote workers with a traditional phone system. You can also use extension mapping to allow a caller to dial 0 to reach an operator (i.e., an extension of your choice).
Note: Using 1-2 digit extension mappings is currently available for desk phones only.
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click System Settings in the left sidebar.
- From Extension Mapping, click Add Extension Mapping.
- Enter the Pattern (extension or range of extensions) that you want forwarded to a new extension. Only unassigned extensions will follow these mapping rules. Use X for extension ranges:
- 1XXX for extensions 1000-1999.
- 12XX for extensions 1200-1299.
- 123X for extensions 1230-1239.
- Select the destination Extension for the rerouted extension(s).
- Click .