How do I set up emergency call notifications?
Alert specified personnel immediately after any line dials emergency services. As needed, notifications can be sent via email or text message.
Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new admin experience. The article below is meant for admins who use https://my.jive.com/pbx to administer their account. If you're an admin who uses https://admin.goto.com, please refer to: How do I manage my default phone settings?
- Sign in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select System Settings in the left sidebar.
- From Emergency Locations, enable Send Emergency Service Call Alerts.
- Enter an Alert Email Address, and then select + to add multiple email addresses. Tip: Use a specially formatted email address provided by your cell phone carrier to send notifications via text message (SMS). Check with your carrier for more details.
- Optional: Enter a Custom Emergency Number, and then select + to add multiple numbers.
- A custom emergency number is a phone number that triggers emergency service call notifications. These custom numbers can be helpful if you have different protocols for emergencies—perhaps you have onsite security or medical personnel that’s called for smaller emergencies. You can add these numbers as a speed dial option on every device in your organization for easier access in case of an emergency.
- To trigger emergency service call notifications when an internal extension is dialed, route the desired line extension to the custom emergency number as the only ring step in the line’s dial plan (Find Me/Follow Me).
- Select Save.
- Dial 933 from an internal phone to test emergency service call notifications. (Only available in the United States and Canada.)