How do I set up a user's line or ring group to receive faxes?
Avoid physical fax machines and dedicated fax lines by setting up a line or ring group to accept calls and faxes. Not available in Brazil and Mexico.
Important: Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new GoTo Admin. The article below is meant for admins who use PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx. If you're an admin who uses GoTo Admin at https://admin.goto.com, please refer to: How do I allow a direct xtension or ring group to receive incoming faxes?
Before you begin:
- You must have admin or super admin permissions.
- To receive faxes, you must route a phone number to their line.
- If the user needs the ability to receive faxes larger than 10 MB, make sure to enable storage for larger faxes.
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Lines or Ring Groups in the left navigation menu and then select the line or ring group that needs to receive both incoming calls and faxes.
- Enable Intercept Incoming Faxes and then enter the desired email destination.
Note: You can only send faxes to a single email address. If you need to deliver your faxes to a group, use an email alias (e.g., email@example.com) or create an auto-forward rule in your email client.
- For a line, go to
- For a ring group, go to .
- Select Save.
Results: Email communications will be sent from @goto.com, @jive.com or @jivecommunications.com. Please ensure these domains are allowed so that emails are not automatically filtered as spam.