Contact Center Roles and Permissions
Choose what permissions you want various contact center roles to have.
Before you begin: You must be set up as a user and be assigned the admin role. This can also be done from your admin portal if you have access permissions.
Contact Center Roles
Assign your users a role within call queues, chat queues, and campaigns.
- GoTo Contact Admin — Contact Admins set up and participate in the deployment of a Contact Center and manage daily operations. The Contact Admin role can assign CC license to PBX users and can assign users to queues as Agents and/or Supervisors. Contact Admins can also configure queues.
- Supervisor — Supervisors manage agents and queues from the GoTo Connect application. Supervisors will monitor logged in users and active queues. The Supervisor role can listen, whisper and barge into live calls and see historical reports for queues and agents.
- Agent — Agents serve callers through the queues or ring groups to which they are assigned. Agents can also accept direct inbound calls or make outbound calls.
Contact Center Permissions
Choose and configure permissions per role rather than per user.
- Sign in to our GoTo desktop/web app.
- From , click Permissions.
- From the Organization tab, choose if you want to allow agents to log in to unassigned queues.
- From the Supervisor tab, choose which permissions you want users with the Supervisor role to have:
Setting Description Access to Contact Center Configuration Portal Allows supervisors access to the Configuration Center portal in the app. The permissions tab is hidden for supervisors. Limit access to assigned call queues Enabled by default. If unchecked, supervisors can access all call queues regardless if they are assigned to the queue. View the settings of a call queue Enabled by default. This permission cannot be removed and allows supervisors to see the settings on call queues they can access. Manage the settings of a call queue Allows supervisors to edit the settings on call queues they can access. View pause reasons Allows supervisors to view the pause reasons under General Settings. Manage pause reasons Allows supervisors to edit the pause reasons under General Settings. View skills and skills assignment of agents Allows supervisors to view the skills under General Settings. Manage skills and skills assignment of agents Allows supervisors to manage the skills under General Settings.
- From the Agent tab, choose which permissions you want users with the Agent role to have:
Setting Description Manage pre-recorded messages Allows agents to access and edit pre-recorded audio messages in their agent dashboard. Manage public pre-saved messages Allows agents to access and edit pre-saved text messages in their agent dashboard. Create custom tags Allows agents to create and use tags in their chat conversations.