How do I filter incoming calls?
Create a call filter to reroute or block specific callers automatically.
Important:Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new GoTo Admin. The article below is meant for admins who use PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx. If you're an admin who uses GoTo Admin at https://admin.goto.com, please refer to: How do I add a call filter?
Before you begin: You must have admin or super admin permissions.
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Call Filters in the left navigation menu and then select Add Call Filter.
- Enter the Number criteria for the call filter. Options include:
- A ten-digit phone number.
- Use * as a wildcard to broaden call filter criteria (e.g., 800* filters calls from 1-800 numbers, *4437 filters all calls ending in 4437).
- Leave blank to filter anonymous calls.
- Enter a Description.
- Select an Action for incoming calls that match the call filter criteria:
Option Description Hang up Ends the call immediately without playing any message or providing the caller with any options. Play block notification Plays the message, “You have been denylisted on this system” and then ends the call without providing any further options. Sound clip Plays a designated sound clip and then ends the call without providing any further options. When you select this action, a new field appears to choose the desired pre-recorded sound clip. Extension Directs the call to a designated extension (all extension types, including dial plans, are valid). When you select this action, a new field appears to choose the desired extension. Voicemail Directs the call to a designated voicemail box. When you select this action, a new field appears to choose the desired voicemail box (all extension types that have voicemail options are valid).
- Select .