How do I download and install GoTo Network Test for Windows?
See a comprehensive picture of your phone’s network in real-time with GoTo Network Test (previously Jive View).
About this task:
Important: For the most accurate results, install GoTo Network Test on a computer that is hard-wired (not connected through Wi-Fi) to the same network as your phones.
- Download GoTo Network Test for Windows.
- Windows 7 or Windows 10
- Internet/Outbound HTTPS (TCP Port 443) Access
- The software uses the Qt Development Frameworks, a third party software library owned by The Qt Company licensed under the GNU LGPL v2.1 license. The source can be downloaded here.
- GoTo Network Test needs to establish frequent Internet connections in order to test your connectivity and receive updates. While GoTo Network Test is a clean and secure software, this behavior can be reason enough to get blocked by some antivirus or firewall vendors. In some cases, it might be necessary to manually unblock GoTo Network Test and its update component. The programs that need to be allowed are:
- %LOCALAPPDATA%\GoTo Network Test\gotonetworktest.exe
- %LOCALAPPDATA%\GoTo Network Test\autoupdate\launch-autoupdate-windows.exe
- Open and run the downloaded .exe and then double-click the installer icon and follow the on-screen instructions. Note: Make sure to read the License Agreement carefully.
- Open GoTo Network Test.
- Right-click the GoTo icon in the notification area of the Windows taskbar. You may have to click Show hidden icons if your icons are hidden.
- Click Show GoTo Network Test.
- To test your network, go to Test and verify Next Test displays Connected and ready.
This indicates the tool can report network data back to GoTo, not that the phones are working.
- From System, write down your Passphrase and then contact Customer Support with the code, and they will run the tests with you. Tip: If you'd like to run the network tests yourself, enter your passphrase here and then click Run Test.