How do I create a ring group?
Create a ring group to call multiple lines and phone numbers at once. A voicemail box is automatically created for each ring group.
Important: Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new GoTo Admin. The article below is meant for admins who use PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx. If you're an admin who uses GoTo Admin at https://admin.goto.com, please refer to: How do I add an extension?
Before you begin: You must have Admin or Super admin permissions.
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Ring Groups in the left sidebar and then select Add Ring Group.
- The next available number will automatically populate the Extension; change this number as needed.
- Enter a Name for the ring group.
- Select and then select the new ring group to configure its settings.
- From Members, add lines and external numbers to the ring group (watch video).
Note: A single ring group can support up to 50 members. If you have confirm pickup enabled on the ring group, only 19 members are supported.
- Select Save.
What to do next: To bring your ring group to life, customize your voicemail greeting and settings and then route a phone number to it or use it in a dial plan.