How do I create a line?
Create a line to ring a user's phone. A voicemail box is automatically created for each line.
Important: Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new GoTo Admin. The article below is meant for admins who use PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx. If you're an admin who uses GoTo Admin at https://admin.goto.com, please refer to: How do I add an extension?
Before you begin: You must have admin or super admin permissions.
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Lines in the left sidebar and then select Add Line.
- The next available number will automatically populate the Extension; change this number as needed.
- Enter a Name for the line.
- Select and then select the new line to configure its settings.
What to do next: To bring your line to life, customize your voicemail greeting and settings and then route a phone number to it or use it in a dial plan.
Tip: You can assign a line to multiple phones and a phone can have more than one line assignment.