Create a line to ring a user's phone. A voicemail box is automatically created for each line.
Important: Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new GoTo Admin. The article below is meant for admins who use PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx. If you're an admin who uses GoTo Admin at https://admin.goto.com, please refer to: How do I add an extension?
Before you begin
You must be assigned the Admin or Super admin role to perform this task.
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Lines in the left sidebar and then select Add Line.
- The next available number will automatically populate the Extension; change this number as needed.
- Enter a Name for the line.
- Select and then select the new line to configure its settings.
What to do next
: To bring your line to life,
customize your voicemail greeting
route a phone number
to it or
use it in a dial plan
Tip: You can assign a line to multiple phones and a phone can have more than one line assignment.