How do I add a shared voicemail as a line on a phone to receive visual notifications?
Get visual notifications on a line key once a voicemail is received to a pseudo shared voicemail box.
Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new GoTo Admin. The article below is meant for admins who use PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx. If you're an admin who uses GoTo Admin at https://admin.goto.com, please visit our GoTo Admin support site for help.
Before you begin: You must be assigned the Admin or Super admin role to perform this task.
A shared voicemail box cannot be assigned to a line key on a phone, eliminating the ability to visually monitor voicemails (blinking line key). However, by creating a standalone line that acts like a shared voicemail box, the line can then be assigned to a device line key. As such, all users that have this line assigned to their device will see a visual notification once a voicemail is received.
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Lines in the left sidebar and then Add Line.
- The next available number will automatically populate the Extension; change this number as needed.
- Enter a Name for the line.
- Select and then select the new line to configure its settings.
- From Dial Plan, set Ring simultaneously to 0 seconds.
- Verify If no answer, send to is set to Voicemail.
- From Voicemail, customize the voicemail settings.
- Select Save.
- Select Devices in the left sidebar and then choose the phone that needs the shared voicemail added to one of its line keys.
- From Button Configuration, select Line as the Button Type and then choose the new line you just created.
- Change the Label.
- Select Save.
What to do next: Power cycle the phone to apply the changes.