How do I add a new device?
Create a standalone device to give a user an additional phone for their current line, perhaps for their home office or to add a device that doesn't need a user, such as a fax adapter.
Important: Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new GoTo Admin. The article below is meant for admins who use PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx. If you're an admin who uses GoTo Admin at https://admin.goto.com, please refer to: How do I add a new device?
Before you begin: You must have admin or super admin permissions.
Note: All devices must have a user profile and at least one line assignment to provision and maintain registration.
Attention: This action creates a new billable device.
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Devices in the left sidebar and then select Add Device.
- Choose a user option:
Option Description Existing User Assigns an existing user to this device. None (Standalone Device) Adds a name to display internally on the standalone device.
- Choose a line option:
Option Description Existing Line Assigns an existing line to this device. New Device Creates a new line for this device. The next available number will automatically populate the Extension Number; change this as needed.
- Choose a hardware option:
Option Description Existing Device Links the device to a previously created hardware profile upon selection. New Device Creates a new device and links it to the user.
- MAC Address: A 12 digit string which is typically found on the bottom of the device.
- Model: You can leave this field blank and it will automatically populate when you provision the device. It is therefore optional for all devices except some paging devices.
None (Softphone only) Creates a device profile for the user to access the desktop and mobile app.
- Select Ok and then select the new device to configure its settings.
What to do next: To bring your device to life, make sure that it is provisioned, then route a phone number to it or use it in a dial plan.