How do I add a MAC address to my system?
Before a device can make and receive calls, it needs a way to be identified over the network. By adding a device’s MAC address to a hardware profile, you are providing the device’s unique identifier and allowing it to work with our services.
Important: Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new GoTo Admin. The article below is meant for admins who use PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx. If you're an admin who uses GoTo Admin at https://admin.goto.com, please refer to: How do I add a device?
Before you begin: You must be assigned the Admin or Super admin role to perform this task.
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Hardware in the left sidebar and then Add Hardware.
- Enter the device’s 12 digit MAC Address which is typically found on the back of the device.
- Verify the MAC Address was entered correctly.
- Select and then select the newly added hardware to configure its settings.
- Select Save.
What to do next: To bring your hardware profile to life, assign it to an individual device.