GoTo Connect Billing User Guide — Canada
Answers to all of your most commonly asked billing questions.
You can also view this guide in French.
What payment methods do you accept?
Credit/Debit Cards Accepted
- American Express
Make Checks Payable To:
GoTo Technologies Canada Ltd. C/O
PO BOX 4090 STN A
TORONTO, ON M5W 0E9
Payment by Wire Transfer Under Reference of Invoice #
Remit To Wire Info:
|GoTo Technologies Canada Ltd.
|Bank of America N.A.
|Bank Account #
|Swift Code #
How do I add or remove a payment method?
General Billing FAQ's
How and when do you bill?
No one likes a surprise so let's break down how and when we bill:
- If this is your first invoice, you can expect to be billed for service on the billing start date listed on your quote. This information is also listed on the PDF you were emailed upon sign-up. However, unless your billing start date is between the 1st and 5th when we regularly invoice, you won't receive the invoice until the beginning of the following month.
- If this is a recurring service invoice, you can expect to receive a paperless invoice to your email between the 1st and 5th of each month. If you need to change who receives the invoice, see "How do I change who receives invoices and receipts?".
- If this is a one-time hardware or DID invoice, you can expect to receive a paperless invoice to your email on the day of purchase.
We do not count or charge you for usage outside of your plan (Toll-free inbound calls, international/premium outbound calls, etc.) until your billing start date. Any free months offered will begin when the contract is signed (service start date) and billing will start after the free months have been provided.
We invoice at the start of the month for that current month. This means that if anything is changed (adding/removing phone numbers, devices, etc.) after the first of each month or if your initial billing start date is after the first of the month, you will see prorated charges for those changes or for your initial days of service on the following months' invoice.
For a breakdown of each potential line item on your invoices, refer to "What do the line items on my bill mean?" below.
- If your billing start date is 7/15, you will have prorated charges for the 16 days in July as well as the full month of August on your August 1st invoice.
- If you have 5 devices and 3 phone numbers on your account when we bill on August 1st, then you add 2 devices and 1 phone number on August 20th, your September 1st invoice will show regular service charges for the 7 devices and 4 phone numbers now on your account as well as pro-rated charges for 2 devices and 1 phone number that used from 8/20-8/31.
How do I pay my bill online?
- Sign in to your billing portal.
- From , select Pay Balance.
- Choose your payment method. If you haven't added a payment method previously, add a new card or bank account.
Tip: To learn about the available payment methods and/or wire transfer information, view "What payment methods do you accept?" in the section above.
- Select Submit.
Result: You should see an on-screen message confirming that your payment was received. You will also see your invoice status change from Due to Paid. If your payment is declined, you can resubmit after one hour. If your services were shut off due to late payments, they will be turned on automatically once your overdue balance equals $0.00.
How can I get a copy of my invoice?
- Sign in to your billing portal.
- From , select View next to the invoice you want to download.
- Select Download Invoice in the top right corner of the statement and choose from CSV or PDF format.
How do I manage the autopay setting?
What do the line items on my bill mean?
|GoTo Connect – Service Charge
|Billable devices on your account (phones, ATAs, paging devices, etc.). Certain devices are billed per extension.
|Standard Phone Numbers (DID)
|Billable phone numbers on your account (toll-free, inbound-only, two-way, international).
|Charges that occur if your billing start date is after the 1st of the month. For example, if your billing start date is 7/15, then you will have prorated charges for the 16 days in July as well as the full month of August on your August 1st invoice.
|Included Minutes in Plan
|Minutes used within your service plan (local and long distance).
|Domestic Premium Minutes Not in Plan
|Outbound minutes to numbers not included in your service plan or to premium prefixes. View premium prefixes.
|Outbound Minutes Overages
|Outbound minutes that exceeded your service plan. Extension to extension dialing is considered outbound calling.
|Toll-Free Phone Numbers (DID)
|Inbound minutes to your toll-free numbers.
|International Phone Numbers (DID)
|Outbound minutes to countries outside your billing address. View our international rates.
|SMS Included in Plan
|SMS credits refer to an allowance provided to the account to send and receive SMS and MMS messages. A single credit accounts for on average 160 characters (not including emojis, links or pictures). SMS credits reset every month.
|SMS Credits that exceeded your service plan. The overage charge per SMS credit is $0.00715 in Canada.
|Federal and Province Regulatory Fees
|The Federal and Province Regulatory Recovery is a non-governmental surcharge imposed by most Canadian telephone companies on their customer's monthly bills. The fee ranges depending on the wireless service selected.
|Goods and Services Tax (GST)
|This is a tax imposed on the supply of goods and services that are purchased in Canada (5%) or Australia (10%), except certain items that are either "exempt" or "zero-rated": For tax-free — i.e., "zero-rated" — sales, GST is charged by suppliers at a rate of 0% so effectively there is no GST collected.
|The Harmonized Sales Tax (HST)
|This is 13% in Ontario and 15% in the following four provinces: Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, and Prince Edward Island.
|Provincials Sales Tax (PST)
|This is a province-specific tax that is collected separately from the GST. In British Columbia and Saskatchewan, it is called simply PST; in Manitoba, the provincial tax is known as Retail Sales Tax (RST); and Quebec charges Quebec Sales Tax (QST).
|Quebec Sales Tax (QST)
|The most common consumption taxes for Québec residents are: the goods and services tax (GST), which is calculated at a rate of 5% on the selling price; and the Québec sales tax (QST), which is calculated at a rate of 9.975% on the selling price excluding the GST.
|Subscription fee for Contact Center.
|Charges for equipment rented from GoTo Connect.
How do I view my billed call details?
- Sign in to your billing portal.
- From Billed Call Details, choose the Month and Year the usage occurred.
Tip: If you are checking a particular invoice, choose the month before the invoice. For example, to view the billed call details for your February 2020 invoice, choose "January 2020".
- Select Download.
- Review your billed called details:
Detail Description Source Number Phone number that initiated the call. Destination Number Phone number that received the call. Start Time (UTC+0) Time (UTC+0 time zone) the call started between the source number and destination number. End Time (UTC+0) Time (UTC+0 time zone) the call ended between the source number and destination number. Duration (sec) Total duration (in seconds) across all calls between the source number and destination number. Billable Minutes Total duration seconds rounded up to the nearest minute. Total Cost Total cost incurred between the source number and destination number. Rate Billing rate for the call type. Call Type
How do I give billing permissions to a user or user group?
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Permissions in the left navigation menu.
- From , select the user or user group that needs billing permissions.
- Check the necessary billing Permissions:
Option Description View Invoices Users have access to view invoices for the account. Pay Invoices Users have access to pay invoices for the account. This permission is dependent on them having the View Invoices permission.
- Save your changes.
- Optional: To remove a user or user group, hover over the user or user group you would like to remove and then select . Save your changes.
How do I change my billing address or company name?
How do I change who receives invoices and receipts?
- Sign in to your billing portal.
- Select .
- To change who receives the invoice:
- Add an email address for Where should we email your monthly invoices?
- Select Add New Email to include up to 5 recipients.
- Choose the Main billing contact.
- Select Save.
- To change who receives the receipt:
Note: You can only send receipts to a single email address. If you need to deliver your receipts to a group, use an email alias (e.g., email@example.com) or create an auto-forward rule in your email client.
- Add an email address for Where should we email your payment receipt?
- Select Save.
How do I request low usage billing on a device
Request low usage billing on a device by contacting your sales representative directly or selecting the Contact Support option in this article. You must have at least 20 phones on your system to add a low usage device.
- must be specified in your contract
- does not have meeting access
- includes 50 "off-net" minutes per month
Note: "Off-net" is defined as any calls that are not an extension-to-extension call.
- will be charged per minute (example: $0.02 USD) for any extra minutes exceeding the pooled low-usage cap
Can I dispute an old invoice?
Our Terms and Conditions (view section 2.4) state that you can only dispute an invoice 15 days from the day it was issued. Unfortunately, our billing representatives will not be able to issue any credits.
How do I cancel a phone number?
If you would like to cancel a phone number, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I cancel my services with GoTo Connect?
Our team is here for you! Here are some tips on what to expect about potentially cancelling your account.
- Only users with the Super admin role/permissions can initiate an account cancellation.
- You’ll want to contact us at least 30 days prior to your next billing cycle to avoid service charges for the following month. We do not offer proration with cancellations.
- If you have phone numbers on your account that you want to transfer to a different carrier, your account must stay active until the transfer is complete. Typically, the number transfer process takes anywhere from 2-18 business days. The need to keep your account active could mean that you might pay for an additional month of service with us if your new carrier doesn’t complete the transfer before the beginning of the next month.
- If you have phone numbers on your account, and you choose not to transfer those numbers to a different carrier, it is important to note they could be used in the future by a competitor.
- We recommend you check your initial quote to see if you signed up under a contract or a month-to-month agreement. We want to do whatever we can so you'll choose to stay with us; however, if we cannot do that and you have a contract, you can work with an agent on a buyout option.
How am I taxed?
You are taxed on the overall subtotal of your invoice. To learn more about the line items on your bill, refer to What do the line items on my bill mean?
How do I submit a tax exemption certificate?
To submit a tax exemption certificate, please select the Contact Support option in this article.
When will I receive my commission payout?
We will send you a commission report including the details of your accounts by the 20th of each month.
Please add any GST or HST taxes and the invoice for your monthly commissions by emailing AP-Canada@goto.com. Once received, commissions will be paid within 30 days.
How do I get a copy of my commission report?
Commission reports are sent by the 20th of every month. If you haven't received a copy by then or are in need of another one, contact email@example.com with your request. Please be sure to mention which month you need.