Learn how to do the most common functions on your phone. For information not covered below, please refer to the manufacturer’s user guide.
- Are you a visual learner? Watch this video playlist.
Automatically forward incoming calls to an internal extension or external number.
- Press .
- Select Call Forward.
- Highlight the desired forwarding type and then press the edit softkey.
- All: Forwards all incoming calls.
- No Answer: Forwards calls that are declined by pressing the Ignore softkey.
- Busy: Forwards calls that arrive when you're already in a call.
- Enter the internal extension or external number to which calls will be forwarded.
- If you selected No Answer, enter how many rings to wait before forwarding (No Ans Delay).
- Press the softkeys (to disable call forwarding, delete the internal extension or external number).Tip: Press the cfwd softkey on the home screen to forward all calls.
Do Not Disturb (DND)
Check your voicemail from your phone.
- Press .
- Dial your password (default 0000).
Download your Voicemail Menu Guide.
Speak with two parties simultaneously by creating a mini-conference call on your line.
- While on an active call, press the conf softkey.
- Dial the internal extension or external number to add to the conference.
- Wait for the second party to answer, and then let them know that you would like to add them to a 3-way call.
- Press conf again.
Transfer A Call
Transfer a call to another party without speaking to them first.
- While on an active call, press the xfer softkey.
- Dial the transfer destination (internal extension or external number).
- Press the xfer softkey before the destination answers. Tip: To transfer a call directly to voicemail, dial 0 + extension.
Choose a new ringtone for your phone or assign a different ringtone to each of your lines.
- Press .
- Select Ring Tone.
- If there are multiple lines assigned to the device, select the line you wish to modify.
- Press the Change softkey.
- Highlight the desired ringtone (press the Play softkey to sample ringtones).
- Press the Select softkey. Note: This device supports silent ringtones.
Visually monitor the speed dial contacts assigned to your phone to know whether or not they are on an active call. These line keys will light up (busy lamp field) indicating if someone is busy or available.
- To presence monitor, a system admin must enable this feature on your phone.
- The lines you want to presence monitor must be speed dial assignments on your phone.
Call Handling Features
- Warm Transfer
- Blind Transfer
- Do Not Disturb (DND)
- Call Forward All
- Call Forward Busy
- Call Forward No Answer
- Intercom (* + ext)
- Multi-way Calling
- Anonymous Call Rejection
- Call Waiting
- On-hook Dialing
User Interface Features
- Adjustable Ringer Volume
- Call Logs
- On Device Directory
- 3 SIP Accounts
- 1 Physical Line Key
- 3 Virtual Dedicated Line Keys
- Upper Multifunction Keys* – 2 Physical / 3 Virtual
- Mute Button
- Voicemail Button
- On Device Speed Dial Edit
*Supports line assignments.
- Black & White Display
- Message Waiting Indicator (MWI)
- Caller ID (CID)
- Busy Lamp Field (BLF)
- Time/Date Display
- On-Screen Message Display
Network & Provisioning
- Cisco Multicast
- PC Connection
- Web Interface Provisionable
- Secure Provisioning
- Wired Headset
From the Phone Menu
Learn how to provision your phone from the phone menu.
- Press .
- Select .
- Enter http://‹domain›.onjive.com/p/$MA for the Profile Rule. Note: Replace ‹domain› with your unique domain. Classic Jive admin portal users will find their domain in the parentheses at the top of their portal dashboard. portal users will find their domain in Account Settings.
- Press Resync.
From the Web UI
Learn how to provision your phone from the web UI.
- Press .
- Select Network and then write down the phone's IP Address.
- Open an incognito window in Google Chrome, enter the IP address in the address (URL) bar and then press enter on your keyboard. If the web UI doesn't load, enter https:// before the phone’s IP address.
- Click .
- If you're prompted to enter a password, enter your Device Admin Password. Tip: To find your password, log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx and then click Security in the left sidebar.
- Go to .
- Enter the following settings:
Option Description Provision Enable Yes Profile Rule http://‹domain›.onjive.com/p/$MANote: Replace ‹domain› with your unique domain. Classic Jive admin portal users will find their domain in the parentheses at the top of their portal dashboard. portal users will find their domain in Account Settings.
- Click Submit All Changes.
Factory resetting a phone is when you restore a device to its original factory settings. This will delete everything that was previously on the device.
- Press the Menu button.
- Select .
Result: The phone will automatically reboot.
Reset Secure Provisioning
After you factory reset a phone, you’ll need to reset secure provisioning from the admin portal so it can reconnect.
- Sign in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Devices in the left sidebar and then choose the device that needs secure provisioning reset.
- From , click Reset.