How do I fix my caller ID?
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot an internal caller ID that's not working on outbound calls.
- Toll-free — Caller ID is not guaranteed when using a toll-free number.
- Canadian — Caller ID works differently in Canada and it is up to each provider to pass through the Caller ID set in the admin portal.
- Rate Centers — Caller ID reflects the city and state of the rate center the phone number is from. Not every city has rate centers so some cities cannot be displayed.
1. Verify the number is not in your contacts.
2. Make a test call.
If the caller ID is different from what is showing in your admin portal, continue to step 3, provide a call example. Make sure you look at the Caller ID assigned in the Phone Numbers tab. If you are looking to change which phone number is displayed when making outbound calls rather than the visual text associated with a phone number, click here.
3. Provide a call example.
- Date of the call
- Exact time of the call, including time zone
- Phone number dialed
- Extension or phone number the call was placed from
- What showed up as the caller ID