Add Your First Domain to the Organization Center
Once you start the verification process for a domain, you have ten (10) days to complete the verification. If this period lapses, the domain is set to Expired, but you have the option to simply restart the process using new verification codes. Once you have verified a domain, you cannot delete it from your organization, though it can be deleted prior to being verified or after it has expired.
- Sign in to the GoTo Organization Center at https://organization.logmeininc.com.
- The first screen will ask that you verify that you own the domain for the account with which you are logged in currently. You are provided two methods for setting up domain validation, each of which uses a unique verification code to complete the verification. Copy the verification value to your clipboard.
Note: The verification screen will display until the domain is verified. If it takes you longer than 10 days to verify the domain, the system will automatically generate new verification codes for your domain the next time you visit the Organization Center.
- Paste the verification code into the DNS record or a text file for upload to one of the locations, depending on which of the verification methods you choose:
Method 1: Add a DNS record to your domain zone file. To use the DNS method, you place a DNS record at the level of the email domain within your DNS zone. Typically, users are verifying a “root” or “second level” domain such as “main.com”. In this case, the record would resemble:
@ IN TXT “logmein-verification-code=668e156b-f5d3-430e-9944-f1d4385d043e”
main.com. IN TXT “logmein-verification-code=668e156b-f5d3-430e-9944-f1d4385d043e”
If you require a third-level domain (or subdomain) such as “mail.example.com” the record must be placed at that subdomain, such as:
mail.main.com. IN TXT “logmein-verification-code=668e156b-f5d3-430e-9944-f1d4385d043e”
For more detailed documentation, see Add a TXT DNS record.
- Method 2: Upload a web server file to the specified website.Upload a plain-text file to your web server root containing a verification string. There should not be any whitespace or other characters in the text file besides those given.
- Location: http://< yourdomain >/logmein-verification-code.txt
- Contents: logmein-verification-code=668e156b-f5d3-430e-9944-f1d4385d043e
- Once you have added the DNS record or text file, return to the domain status screen and click Verify.
- Add more domains (if desired)
- Set up an Identity Provider to enable single sign-on
- Add or delete organization users and admins
- Set up automated provisioning using the Active Directory Connector
- Set up Enterprise Sign-In (SSO)