How do I set up network quality alerts?
See below to learn how to set up network tests from each Jive Business Continuity (JBC) device every 5 minutes so that you can stay ahead of any issues that may arise.
- Verify you have a JBC device installed on your system.
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/alerts.
- From Network Quality Alerts, enable Send Network Quality Alerts.
- Enter the email address for each alert recipient.
- Set your network quality thresholds:
Setting Description Latency The average time it takes call audio packets to travel from a phone to Jive Cloud and back. If latency measures above 100ms, call quality could be affected. Jitter The change in the amount of time it takes for call audio packets to move from a phone to Jive Cloud (i.e., call audio is arriving out of order). If jitter measures above 10ms, call quality could be affected. Packet Loss The percentage of call audio packets lost while traveling from a phone to Jive Cloud. If packet loss measures above 0.5%, call quality could be affected.