How do I send a virtual fax?
Send faxes through email, removing the need to have a physical fax machine and allowing you to fax on the go. Not available in Brazil and Mexico.
- From your email account, compose a new message.
- Enter faxNumber@‹domain›.fax.onjive.com in the To: field.
Note: You can only send virtual faxes to one recipient.
- Replace faxNumber with the external 10 digit fax phone number, without the 1 or any dashes (e.g., 8012321987). You cannot send a virtual fax to an internal extension or a number that requires an extension (e.g., 8012321987 ext 1121).
- Replace ‹domain› with your unique domain (found in parentheses at the top of the admin portal dashboard).
- Enter the virtual fax machine’s access code in the Subject: field. If you add a subject, enter a space after the access code and then include the subject (e.g., 294034210 March Invoice). Note: If you do not have the virtual fax machine’s access code, contact your system admin for assistance.
- Remove all text from the body of the email, including email signatures.
- Attach file(s) to the email. If including a cover sheet, attach that first. Supported file types:
File Type File Format Microsoft Office .doc, .docx, .ppt, .pptx, .xls, .xlsx Document .pdf, .rtf, .txt Image .jpg, .tiff, .png, .bmp, .gifNote: Larger files may experience lag time or potentially fail. We recommend no more than 200 pages at a time.
- Click Send.
If the fax was delivered successfully, you may or may not receive an email confirmation as this functionally must be enabled by your system admin. Emails are always sent in the case of transmission failures.