How do I authorize and remove an IP address?
If you’ve disabled automatic network authorization to establish higher security, you’ll need to authorize your network(s) manually before your devices will be able to connect with GoToConnect.
In addition, we highly recommend you do not change the default permissions (PROV and ADMIN only) for 0.0.0.0/0. Adding REG permissions to this IP address will defeat the purpose of the network access feature, as it would allow any user to connect from a network, regardless of whether that IP address is trusted or not. If these permissions are removed, then IP addresses will not be authorized during the provisioning process and admins will only be able to access the portal from the specific networks listed. Organizations who opt to change this default are liable for any security breaches or fraudulent activity that may occur as a result.
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Network Access in the left sidebar.
To remove access, click the network you want to delete and then select and confirm the action by pressing Delete.
- Click Add Network Access Permission.
- Enter the IP address in Network.
- To find your IP address, do a Google search for “what is my IP address”.
- To add an IP address range, format the network to include the subnet mask. For example, 220.127.116.11/24 where /24 is the subnet mask.
- Select the type of access the network has.
Option Description REG Device Registration — Allows calls to be made and received using this network. PROV Device Provisioning — Allows devices to provision using this network (i.e., access configuration files from GoToConnect's servers). MEDIA Media Release — When both endpoints in a call are on networks that have the Media permissions, the Media (RTP) will connect directly, without routing through GoToConnect.Warning:
- MEDIA should only be enabled with GoToConnect’s assistance. If set up incorrectly, your phones could be down for up to 24 hours after it’s corrected.
- MEDIA should never be enabled for the 0.0.0.0/0 network.
ADMIN Portal Administration — Allows system admins to make changes to the system using this network. If you authorize 0.0.0.0/0, administrators can access the system from any network.
- Optional: Enter an Expiration date for the network and/or a Comment to help identify the network.
- Click .