Integrate Google Calendar to GoToRoom
Integrating your Google Calendar service to GoToRoom allows you to set a room as the meeting location from your calendar and to view upcoming meetings scheduled in the room directly from the hardware! Before you begin to schedule meetings and assign rooms from your calendar, you must authorize Cronofy Enterprise Connect to seamlessly integrate your calendar.
This feature requires both IT admin and GoToMeeting admin access.
Add a calendar (GoToMeeting admins)
Account admins can add Google Calendar and start the integration process from the Admin Center.
- Log in at https://admin.logmeininc.com.
- Click Admin Settings in the left menu.
- Under GoToRoom, the Calendar Integration field offers integration with Google, Office 365, and Microsoft Exchange.
- Click the Google Calendar tab and begin the two-step integration and connection process (steps 1 and 2 below).
Step 1: Integrate with Cronofy (IT admins)
A third party service Cronofy Enterprise Connect will help seamlessly integrate your Google calendar to GoToRoom. After choosing Google Calendar from the Admin Center Calendar Integration page, you'll have to finish connecting the two parties. Note that Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange requires access to the Exchange Web Services API.
- From the Admin Center, click Install App.
- Click Sign In and enter your G-Suite credentials that has administrator's access, then click Next. Note that the Cronofy all will not install properly for non-administrator users.
- Click Domain Install and click Continue to give Cronofy permission to install.
- You've integrated with Cronofy! If you haven't done so already, create a Resource Calendar.
Note: After installing Cronofy, you can go through the flows that show additional setup information by clicking Next. However, this does not affect the integration to Google Calendar and GoToRoom.
Create a Resource Calendar
- From the Google Admin Center, click Building and Resources.
- Click Edit Resources and the Plus icon to create a new resource.
- Fill out the mandatory fields:
- Category: Other
- Resource name: The room system name.
- Click Add Resource.
- You've created a resource calendar! You can now go back to the Admin Center.
Step 2: Connect Google Calendar to GoToRoom using Cronofy (GoToMeeting admins)
- Go back to the browser tab with the Admin Center to finish connecting your calendar.
- Under Step 2, click Connect. You will see a reminder message to complete step 1. Click Continue if you went through the steps above.
- Choose an account to continue to Cronofy. You'll be redirected to GoToMeeting's Admin Center and see a "Your calendar service is connected" message. Click Open Manage Rooms to manage your rooms and calendars.