Why can't I connect to audio with my mic and speakers (VoIP)?
One of the built-in audio options that GoToMeeting provides is using the internet to connect to the audio conference. In this case, you will need to use your computer's mic or speakers to hear and be heard.
The "Computer Audio" option might not be selected.
If you want to use your mic and speakers to connect to the audio, you need to make sure GoToMeeting has the right audio mode selected. See Connect to Audio Using Computer Mic and Speakers to learn how to select the correct audio mode.
"Computer Audio" mode might not be available for this session.
The organizer chooses which audio options are available for each session, so it's possible that not all options will be available in the session you are attending.
If you do you not see the Computer Audioas an option, the organizer likely disabled it for this session and you will need to use a different method to connect to audio.
You might need to give the Web App permission to access your microphone.
The first time that you join a session using the browser-based Web App, you will be prompted to allow the app permission to use your microphone. If you accidentally denied it permission, you will need to enable it so your audio can be heard.
- Click the Camera icon in the address bar.
- Select the "Always allow https://app.gotomeeting.com to access your microphone" option.
- Select your microphone from the drop-down menu and click Done.
There might be an issue with the built-in internet audio.
In some cases, you may see an error in the audio settings that reads "Internet Audio Not Available."
If you see this error message, then please try the following:
- Update the device drivers for your sound hardware.
- Close any programs on your computer that you are not using to free up bandwidth.
- Unplug any extra audio devices that you are not currently using.
- Leave the session and try joining again.
Note: If you see this error message in the Audio pane, you will not be able to record your session unless "No Audio" is selected in the Recording Preferences. Audio PINs and muting controls will also be disabled.
Audio Help and FAQs